Selwyn Coaching for Impact Programme
Selwyn Sports Trust is excited to announce a new strategic partnership with Sport New Zealand to help implement a local Coaching for Impact Programme within the Selwyn District. The Coaching for Impact Programme is currently being implemented nationally by Sport New Zealand with purposefully selected coaches of Rangatahi. The Selwyn Sports Trust will become the first organisation in New Zealand to pilot a locally lead Coaching for Impact Programme in Selwyn, that reflects alignment to Sport New Zealand’s National Programme.
Coaching for Impact is a free 14-month coach development programme designed to grow a collaborative network of coaches who influence positive change in youth sport. The Programme will broaden the availability and access to quality coaching experiences for rangatahi (aged 12-18) in the Selwyn community.
What coaches can apply
The Coaching for Impact Programme is open to all coaches who are actively coaching rangatahi (aged 12-18) in the Selwyn District. Coaches may be in schools, clubs or representative programmes.
Coaching for Impact will offer a unique professional development opportunity for up to 20 selected coaches.
Structure of the programme
– Three (one & half day) residential learning camps across the programme in March, September (2022) & February 2023
– Mentoring support via approved programme mentors
– Coach observation and feedback
– Support to develop Personal Development Plans (PDP)
– Informal Coach network groups
It is anticipated that learning and development will be enhanced between each residential learning camp, through coaches actively coaching Rangatahi and through mixed modes of programme delivery.
Coaching for Impact, Programme Leaders:
– Jimmy Sinclair (overall Programme Lead) – World Rugby Coach Trainer and completed Sport NZ Trainer Programme
– Tammy Merhrtens – Sport NZ Tamariki Consultant, contracted Sport NZ Trainer.
– Thomas Houghton- Netball Mainland Community Trainer, currently on Sport NZ’s Trainer Programme
– Hugh Galvan will support the programme design and delivery – Sport NZ Sport Development Consultant
Applications will open on January 17th, 8:00am 2022.
Click on the link below to apply online
For further information contact Jimmy Sinclair, firstname.lastname@example.org